Belly Dance Artist

Belly Dance Artist

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cultivation

This intensive was definitely a step up from Initiation. I can't tell you how amazing it was to be a challenged; physically, mentally and at times emotionally. If you've been taking belly dance for at least a year and can't stop thinking about it go take Rachel Brice's 8 Elements Phase 1 Initiation. It is the most beautiful thing to be completely immersed in this dance with other like minded individuals. It's probably the best thing I've ever done for myself. Portland doesn't suck either, picture proof of this below.

Being from dry dry dry Colorado, seeing all of the color in Portland fills my heart.
The view from our rented walkup.
(if you need a cheaper place to stay check out airbnb.com or couchsurfers)
Molly and I at lunch after the first morning of the intensive.
The chai's here are good... real good. I went there more times that I probably should have.
Oatmeal Blueberry Chai Pancake at Jam on Hawthorne.
The dance section at Powell's books. I love it so...
Trying on adornment pieces at julia barbee's shop.
Mat trying all the sparklies on as well.
Our delicious dinner at Little Bird.
It's all about the chai.
More Portland color seeping into my veins.
The beautiful lily bouquet at Datura.
Voodoo Doughnuts!
Datura classroom entrance... gotta love those shawls.
On the inside looking out...
Studying at heart. Bit of an inside joke...
My last day in Portland... taking a morning stroll.
Began decompressing and planning with a chai at heart of course.
Walked by the studio one last time.
Saw this beauty on the way home.
Molly and I at the Cultivation Hafla.
Our class. So many good memories. So many beautiful women.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sweetie! Looks like fun! Too bad we had to miss it this year. :( Boo!

    ReplyDelete