Belly Dance Artist

Belly Dance Artist

Thursday, December 17, 2009

New Years: A break... sort of

I've definitely been on the fringes of being burnt out lately with dance. As Ryan pointed out... maybe you should do something for yourself for a change. So I've picked a song, skeletoned it and have a shit ton of ideas for choreography. Being the possessive cancer that I am, no one's seeing anything till I debut it, and I have no earthly idea when that will be... but I'll let you know when I do. ;-)

At the end of December/ during New Years, Ryan and I are taking a much needed vacation to Iowa to see his grandparents. Let me preface this by saying I love Iowa... it's been the one place I've ever vacationed to and have actually relaxed. Whether other trips are disqualified because they were with my own family (which frankly is always the opposite of relaxing), or they were for dance (in which case I'm running around like a monkey with it's head cut off); point being, they're anything but relaxing.

My grand master plan is to take over Anita's (Ryan's grandmother) huge living room that is hardly ever used (and still has the shag green carpet! I'll take pictures I promise) and dance, scheme, choreograph, perhaps work on costuming if I feel like hauling it all with me.... I think I will, I think Anita might get a huge kick out of it and maybe she'll have some bits and bobbles to add to it. Maybe she'll teach me how to sew... that would be full of win.

I can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. I love your plot and scheme! :) That is full of happy and win!

    ReplyDelete