Belly Dance Artist

Belly Dance Artist

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Ballet: Class One

-Went to go try the studio 21 adult ballet and lyrical class tonight.
-Unfortunately (but maybe not) the normal teacher wasn't there and there was a subsitute who was patient, sweet and supportive (seeing as I had NO CLUE what I was doing, yay for being a mimicker!)
-GOOD: Bellydance/yoga has given me a strong core so I had great posture!
-BAD: Bellydance/yoga have taught me to always have soft knees (I'm not actually even half convinced it was a bad thing tho... balet and bellydance both put a lot of wear and tear on you knees for different reasons... oh knees I am very leery of locking you.)
-Overall it felt wonderful to be a complete novice in dance again, all of the different names are still making my head spin I must say though! eep! I'm going to look for some sort of a terms guide for reference.
-I don't think I'll be able to make it next Tuesday seeing as that'll be Ryan's birthday, but I'm looking forward to the week after! Perhaps then the lyrical class won't be unexpectedly cancelled and I'll be able to take that class as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment